31.3.23

Abstraction #41


 

Dans le Guardian
un article sur l'artiste Stanley Whitney:
How does he feel about success coming late? “I mean, I grew up poor and could have helped my mother out if I’d had money, and if it had come in my 40s, I would have had more energy,” he says. “Then again, I knew artists who were great who never got anything. And if you’re an artist, you’re going to do the work anyway, whether they think you’re good or bad.” He pauses, presses his lips together. “You know, in life, the big thing is keeping your health. My best friends mostly drank, smoked, made their art and were dead by 50. People are interested in my work now. I can work to my potential. The work is all me. Success came late, but the stars line up when they line up – and if it happens when you’re alive, you’re lucky.”

Aucun commentaire: