5.3.14

Ralph Fiennes et se souvenir de Brideshead Revisited



Intéressante bribe
avec Ralph Fiennes
qui explique
qu'à l'âge de 20 ans
il travaillait
dans un hôtel
de Londres
"I was polishing a glass chandelier outside the men's loo and Jeremy Irons appeared. He was just becoming a big star with Brideshead [Revisited] at the time, and I loved Brideshead. He spoke first:
'I need to clean some glass at home. What are you using?'
I showed him some generic glass-cleaning product.
'Thank you very much,' he said.
I said, 'Excuse me, are you Jeremy Irons?'
He said, 'Yes.'
I said, 'Could I have your autograph?'
He said, 'Well, listen, I'll leave it for you at the front desk.'
I said, 'Oh, thank you very much.'
"And then I finished polishing my chandelier and I went up to the front desk where the concierge - a very pompous man in a brown and gold braid uniform - looked down his nose at me, because I was the lowest of the low in my white house coat, and said (very curtly), 'What do you want?'
I said, 'Did Jeremy Irons leave an autograph for me?'
'Yes (even more curtly). Here it is.'
And he passed me a piece of Brown's notepaper. I opened it. It said, 'Dear Ralph, Keep polishing. Jeremy Irons.'"

Tiré de MrPorter

1 commentaire:

Zèbre bleu a dit...

Keep polishing??? Très drôle cette histoire. Ma cousine a travaillé pendant 3 ans au St-James à Montréal comme concierge. Elle en a tout plein des histoires d'acteurs ou de gens riches bizarroïdes. J'adore.